Purpose of the Position
This is primarily a sales role; therefore, you will be responsible for maintaining and growing our pipeline of work from our South Island customers. This work may be undertaken in Christchurch or fed to the wider NZMS operations teams.
As the Business Development Manager in our South Island team, your role is to maintain long-term relationships with existing customers while also growing NZMS’ portfolio in the region. With your exceptional interpersonal and communication skills you will understand our customers challenges and complexities and interpret them into a solution. You will have integrity, be diplomatic and remain focused on achieving outstanding outcomes. Team work is important as you will work with both the management and operations teams nationally.
About the Company
NZMS (New Zealand Micrographic Services Ltd) is New Zealand’s leading digitisation & imaging bureau for special collections such as photographs, manuscripts, newspapers, maps, and works of art. NZMS also provides an online community engagement platform for digital collections called Recollect which has been developed and is supported in-house. We work with organisations from the “GLAM” Sector (Galleries, Libraries, Archives & Museums), government agencies, private companies, Iwi and individuals across New Zealand.
To be successful in this role you will:
- Develop and grow a strategy focused on both financial gain and customer satisfaction.
- Identify new business opportunities – including new markets and growth areas.
- Have experience in account management and retention/growth of an existing portfolio of customers.
- Have strong communication skills, proven sales ability and the desire to achieve/exceed KPI targets.
- Be a highly motivated individual who will represent the company and brand to a very high standard
- Be able to self-manage and show initiative
- Be able to liaise with customers at all levels and present in both one on one meetings and to large groups
- Build the level of trust required to work in partnership with our customers.
- Be well presented
- Have intermediate Microsoft Office skills and be reasonably IT savvy.
- Have a solid understanding of social media and how to communicate efficiently on these platforms
- Be prepared to travel
- Valid New Zealand drivers licence
If you are interested, please send your CV by email to email@example.com
Applications will close as soon as we find the perfect person for the role – so be in quick!
NOTE: for overseas enquiries and non NZ residents: Only applicants that are legally entitled to work in New Zealand and can make themselves available for interviews in New Zealand will be considered for advertised positions. Others should not apply.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.