About the Company
NZMS is New Zealand’s leading digitisation and imaging bureau for cultural heritage materials such as photographs, manuscripts, publications, maps, works of art, and audio-visual records. We work primarily with galleries, libraries, archives, and museums throughout New Zealand, but our clients also include government agencies, private companies, iwi, and individuals. We have offices in Wellington (2), Auckland, and Christchurch.
Recollect, our cloud-based community engagement platform (SaaS), hosts our customers’ cultural heritage digital reproductions and we have built up an enviable reputation in the market. This unique product has been developed in-house and we are currently taking this product worldwide.
Purpose of the Position
The Data Specialist will work with our Solutions Consultants and customers to implement Recollect Community Engagement platforms. You will be analysing client data, advising the implementation team and clients on data transformation requirements, data cleaning, checking and reformatting, importing data into the system and general programming.
The Data Specialist will work directly with customers, so great communication skills, coordination and time management is a must. Independent problem solving and the ability to collaborate with your co-workers is essential.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Gather requirements from the customer through workshops, analysis and consultation.
- Document requirements for the customers approval.
- Clean, review and reformat data.
- Configure the data to meet the customer requirements.
- Test the data to ensure that it functions according to the specification.
- Act as a subject matter expert for NZMS and be a point of contact during the implementation providing the client with support and advice.
- Work with the customer to import their data into the system.
- Manage own time across multiple concurrent implementations.
- Produce and maintain documentation pertaining to new features and functions for data within the Recollect platform.
- Technical trouble shooting across all NZMS operation locations.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- A self-starter, who can manage their own programme of work and has a proven record of delivery to deadlines.
- The drive to deliver a quality product within the project timescales.
- Provide leadership to the customer and work collaboratively with NZMS personnel assigned to a project.
- Enjoys a collaborative environment and the free exchange of ideas.
- Excellent organisational and planning skills.
- Excellent time management skills.
- A desire to grow and learn/enhance leadership skills.
- Has initiative; can identify opportunities, risks and solve problems.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including documentation and communicating with both technical and non-technical people.
- Able to grasp clients’ objectives and translate them into practical solutions that work for their business.
- Ability to investigate problems and propose solutions.
- Takes care to document their work so that those following will clearly understand what was done.
- Has integrity and builds trust with clients and colleagues.
To be successful in this role you will be highly competent across a range of areas and skill-sets including:
- Strong Microsoft Office Skills.
- Ability to manipulate data in Excel or using SQL, .NET and VB.
- Programming, file and data automation using scripting.
- General Web Architecture knowledge.
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite and familiarity with photo editing processes.
- Ability to take ownership of project deliverables.
- Ability to initiate new projects and contribute substantially to the scoping of such projects.
- Previous experience in implementing software.
- An understanding of software development lifecycles, including agile and waterfall.
- Qualification in Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Systems or another quantitative field.
NOTE: For overseas enquiries and non-NZ residents: only applicants that are legally entitled to work in New Zealand and can make themselves available for interviews in New Zealand will be considered for advertised positions. Others should not apply.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.