Expert in digital photography and imaging
Capturing challenging archival special collections
Central Auckland Location
WHO YOU ARE:
Are you a talented imaging technician or object photographer with a passion for history and an appetite for technical challenge?
We are looking for someone who is experienced in high resolution scanning and object photography, and great at solving technical problems, documenting processes and using photo editing tools and techniques to deliver market-leading outcomes for our customers. The ideal candidate has professional experience, good interpersonal skills, and enjoys working as part of a small, tight-knit team.
You are also proficient with Microsoft Office, Acrobat and Adobe Creative Suite, so you know how to work with a spreadsheet (because you love metadata) and also how to digitally restore an image of a water-damaged 17th Century family crest.
You enjoy engaging with the detail but always have an eye on the big picture (literally and figuratively!). You have a ‘can do’ attitude and you thrive in a production environment where technical, professional and personal input is encouraged and appreciated.
WHO WE ARE:
NZMS (New Zealand Micrographic Services Ltd) is New Zealand’s leading digitisation & imaging bureau for organisations from the “GLAM” Sector (Galleries, Libraries, Archives & Museums), as well as government agencies, private companies, Iwi and individuals. We digitise cultural heritage and archival materials such as photographs, manuscripts, newspapers, maps, documents, and works of art and our hosted platform Recollect makes our clients’ collections accessible online.
In summary, we are looking for someone who has:
- A background in photography
- Excellent organisational and time-management skills
- Is efficient in a fast-paced commercial environment
- A high degree of accuracy and attention to detail in all tasks
- Technical trouble-shooting capability
- Experience in maintaining equipment
- Independent problem-solving skills, along with a desire to upskill where needed
- Excellent communication skills, internally and with clients
- Great command of written English for descriptive metadata creation and checking
- Understanding of conservation standards of care and handling
- The ability to enjoy collaborative team work
- Flexibility, working at different sites and on a variety of material
- Excellent Microsoft Office, Acrobat, Adobe Creative Suite skills
If you are interested, please send your CV by email to firstname.lastname@example.org Applications will close as soon as we find the perfect person for the role – so be in quick!
NOTE for Overseas Enquiries and Non NZ Residents: Only applicants that are legally entitled to work in New Zealand and can make themselves available for interviews in New Zealand will be considered for advertised positions. Others should not apply.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.