NZMS are looking for an enthusiastic person to join our team as a full time Digitisation Technician who will be based at our Auckland CBD office and also on client sites.
Following best practice guidelines and standards, you will digitise material, creating images using a range of scanning and camera equipment and post-capture processing techniques. The workload can vary, so you need the ability to adapt to changing project scopes and client requirements.
You will have some basic experience with photography, familiarity with the Adobe suite, or similar software. Previous experience in a similar role would be an advantage, but full training will be provided.
You will be practical, with excellent computer skills, a natural problem solver and keen to be part of a small, friendly team.
About the Company
NZMS (New Zealand Micrographic Services Ltd) is New Zealand’s leading digitisation & imaging bureau for organisations from the “GLAM” Sector (Galleries, Libraries, Archives & Museums) across New Zealand as well as government agencies, private companies, Iwi and individuals. We digitise cultural heritage materials such as photographs, manuscripts, newspapers, maps, and works of art and we are the NZ resellers for the community engagement platform Recollect which allows our clients’ collections to be made accessible online.
We are looking for someone who has:
- A background in photography
- Excellent organisational skills
- The ability to work efficiently in a commercial environment
- A high degree of accuracy and attention to detail in all tasks
- Follow through to complete a job and ensure documentation is maintained
- Technical troubleshooting
- Some equipment maintenance
- Independent problem-solving, along with a desire to upskill where required.
- Excellent communication skills, internally and with clients
- Enjoyment of collaborative teamwork
- Flexibility, working at different sites and on a variety of material
- Current full NZ driver’s license
NOTE for Overseas Enquiries and Non NZ Residents: Only applicants that are legally entitled to work in New Zealand and can make themselves available for interviews in New Zealand will be considered for advertised positions. Others should not apply.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.