We are looking for an experienced photographer to work as part of a small team on a project based at an offsite location in Wigram from mid-February until the end of June. For the right applicant there is a possibility this role will be extended.
- Experienced in digital photography
- Capturing challenging archival collections
- Either Wigram or Central Christchurch City location
WHO YOU ARE:
Are you a talented photographer with a passion for history and working with cultural material?
We are looking for a self-driven photographer with professional experience and good interpersonal skills, who enjoys working as part of a small team.
The successful applicant will be someone who loves the challenge of working with unique and diverse objects, has experience in photography, post-capture processing, and is comfortable working with various software to get the best outcome. You will be proficient with the Adobe Creative suite, Adobe Acrobat, and Microsoft Office.
You will be working directly with clients, so great communication skills, coordination and time management is a must. Independent problem solving and the ability to collaborate with your co-workers is also essential.
WHO WE ARE:
NZMS (New Zealand Micrographic Services Ltd) is New Zealand’s leading digitisation & imaging bureau for organisations from the “GLAM” Sector (Galleries, Libraries, Archives & Museums) across New Zealand as well as government agencies, private companies, Iwi and individuals. We digitise cultural heritage materials such as photographs, manuscripts, newspapers, maps, and works of art and our hosted platform Recollect makes our clients’ collections accessible online.
We are looking for someone who has:
- A background in photography and post-capture processing
- Proficient with the Adobe Creative Suite, Adobe Acrobat, and Microsoft Office
- Excellent organisational skills
- A high degree of accuracy and attention to detail in all tasks
- Technical trouble-shooting capability
- Experience in maintaining equipment
- Independent problem-solving skills,
- A desire to upskill where needed
- Excellent communication skills, internally and with clients
- Understanding of conservation standards of care and handling
- Enjoys collaborative team work
- Flexibility to work at different sites within Christchurch
If you are interested, please send your CV by email to firstname.lastname@example.org Applications will close as soon as we find the right person for the role.
NOTE: for Overseas enquiries and non-NZ residents: Only applicants that are legally entitled to work in New Zealand and can make themselves available for interviews in New Zealand will be considered for advertised positions. Others should not apply.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.