2x part-time roles – 3 days per week each
Experience in scanning, digital photography and imaging
Capturing challenging archival special collections
Central Auckland Location
WHO YOU ARE:
We are looking for 2 part-time team members to help digitise archival collections. One role is Monday to Wednesday; the other is Wednesday to Friday. You will have experience scanning and working with images in a technical production environment and will enjoy solving challenging technical problems and learning new things.
You will be self-driven while also able to work as part of a team, and you pride yourself on your attention to detail. You’ll have proficiency with Microsoft Office, Acrobat, Adobe Creative Suite and familiarity with photo editing. You’re good at documenting processes, creating quality outcomes and engaging closely with customers, and your job satisfaction comes from getting the job done right first time and on time!
You’ll be a great fit with us if you have a ‘can do’ attitude, enjoy working in an informal environment, can problem solve like a master, and have good interpersonal skills.
If you have a passion for photography and heritage combined with good practical experience, then this role is for you.
WHO WE ARE:
NZMS (New Zealand Micrographic Services Ltd) is New Zealand’s leading digitisation & imaging bureau for organisations from the “GLAM” Sector (Galleries, Libraries, Archives & Museums) across New Zealand as well as government agencies, private companies, Iwi and individuals. We digitise cultural heritage materials such as photographs, manuscripts, newspapers, maps, works of art, along with high-volume archival documents, and our hosted platform Recollect makes our clients’ collections accessible online.
We are looking for someone who has:
- A background in technical imaging
- Background in high volume scanning is a bonus but not required
- Excellent organisational skills
- Is efficient in a fast-paced commercial environment
- A high degree of accuracy and attention to detail in all tasks
- Technical trouble-shooting capability
- Experience in maintaining equipment
- Independent problem-solving skills, along with a desire to upskill where needed
- Excellent communication skills, internally and with clients
- Great command of written English for descriptive metadata creation and checking
- Understanding of conservation standards of care and handling
- The ability to enjoy collaborative team work
- Flexibility, working at different sites and on a variety of material
If you are interested, please send your CV by email to email@example.com Applications will close as soon as we find the perfect people for the roles – so be in quick!
NOTE for Overseas Enquiries and Non NZ Residents: Only applicants that are legally entitled to work in New Zealand and can make themselves available for interviews in New Zealand will be considered for advertised positions. Others should not apply.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.