- Financial leadership role across the group
- Key member of the executive management team
- New Year start
For over 25 years, NZMS, has been New Zealand’s leading digitisation & imaging bureau for cultural heritage materials such as photographs, manuscripts, publication, maps, works of art and Audiovisual records. We work with Galleries, Libraries, Archives and Museums throughout NZ but our clients also include government agencies, private companies, Iwi and individuals. We have offices in Wellington (2) and Auckland and Christchurch.
Recollect hosts our customers’ cultural heritage digital reproductions of almost every record type and have built up an enviable reputation in the market. We are recognised for our company values of professionalism, friendly, expert and caring. After working with off-the-shelf products (with limited success) we built our own product from the ground up using what we discovered were core user expectations. Recollect is now a mature product which was fully developed in-house, serving a diverse range of organisations who have information and digital assets they want to interact with, and we are growing fast. Our cloud-based community engagement and collection management platform offers sophisticated social interaction features and we provide support for, and hosting of, our clients’ sites. Refer www.recollectcms.com and www.micrographics.co.nz
We’re based at Head Office in Grenada North, just off the motorway 15 minutes north of Wellington in a modern building with a top-notch espresso machine, free parking and a bike rack.
As a key member of the executive management team, the Finance Manager will interact across everyone in the group’s two companies and be responsible for the following functions:
- Provide leadership, direction and management of the finance operations of two related, but distinctly different, businesses
- Manage the financial needs of a rapidly growing business
- Establish and lead the financial management of a business expanding its international outreach
- Drive long-term business and financial planning
- Provide strategic recommendations to the CEO, board and management team
- Work with owners, management and staff to set up quality reporting at each level, raising the bar in terms of everybody’s financial understanding of the businesses
- Manage the processes for financial forecasting and budgets, and oversee the preparation of all financial reporting
- Establish and develop relations with external partners and stakeholders
- Review and enhance all formal finance and supporting procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline
- 7 years relevant general experience
- Involvement with high-growth, software, and/or international business an advantage
- Forecasting and cost analysis/management
- Leading people.
Personal attributes or skills
- Drive – to improve the business, to add to the team; to succeed
- Excellent communication skills – verbal and written
- Well-organised (will add structure to thinking and processes)
- Problem solving ability.
NOTE for Overseas Enquiries and Non-NZ Residents: Only applicants that are legally entitled to work in New Zealand and can make themselves available for interviews in New Zealand will be considered for advertised positions. Others should not apply.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
Please send applications to email@example.com