About the role:
Recollect is a cloud-based community engagement platform (SaaS) that hosts our customers’ cultural heritage digital reproductions, and we have built up an enviable reputation in the market within New Zealand, Australia and recently the USA, Singapore and the United Kingdom. For more information please refer to: www.recollectcms.com
Purpose of this position:
The Intermediate Developer (Front-end Services) will work with the Senior Developers for the implementation of the UI/UE design built by co-workers into the application. Therefore, a solid understanding of UI/UE design is
necessary to provide the best user experience. This work encompasses upgrades, fixes, new features, and versions of the product as a whole. It also involves setting up and supporting individual client sites and implementation of clients’ branding rules.
The Intermediate Developer will provide input into the direction and planning for the technology platform and product design into the future.
- Assist with the technical direction for the design and development of Recollect.
- Develop new functionality and features.
- Integration of data and/or APIs developed by back-end developers.
- Solve complex front-end performance problems and user interaction challenges.
- Provide the scoping & development of related services.
- Support others on the development team.
- Work with clients in the set-up, customisation and on-going use of their sites. This may include UI/UE design, or client’s branding integration.
- Monitor and maintain the site performance and code quality.
- Front-end building tools version management as appropriate.
- Provide technical assistance to other parts of the company as required.
- Monitor and advise on emerging technology, trends and issues relevant to Recollect and all aspects of the web.
- A self-starter, who can manage their own programme of work and has a proven record of delivery to deadlines.
- Enjoys a collaborative environment and the free exchange of ideas.
- A desire to grow and learn/enhance skills.
- Has initiative; can identify opportunities and risks and solve problems.
- Able to communicate well with internal and external clients from a wide range of backgrounds.
- Able to grasp clients’ objectives and translate them into practical IT solutions that work for their business.
- Takes care to document their work so that those following will clearly understand what was done.
- Has integrity and builds trust with clients and colleagues.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- A relevant tertiary qualification in Computer Science, or IT or equivalent level of skill gained through on the job training and experience.
- Solid experience writing OOP code in PHP.
- Experience with UI frameworks, ideally Bootstrap and jQuery UI or similar.
- Experience working with MVC frameworks such as Laravel, Symphony, CakePHP.
- Experience with RESTful APIs and third-party APIs.
- Experience with front-end building tools, ideally webpack or similar.
- Experience designing, building, and supporting applications.
- Experience in development and version control with SVN and Git.
- Exposure to all aspects of the software development lifecycle.
- Ability to meet deadlines on project deliverables.
- Ability to initiate new projects and contribute substantially to the scoping of such projects.
- Mobile/responsive UI/UX skills.
- Experience in back-end PHP, MySQL skills.
- A firm grasp of the HTTP protocol and related Internet technologies.
- Experience with a wide variety of browsers and versions.
- Understanding of different image and media formats.
- Experience with cloud-based solutions.
- Experience dealing with vast quantities of data.
- Photoshop and/or image manipulation skills.
To apply or learn more about this position, please click here.