Be part of a team developing a cloud based web application
A great company to work for that is experiencing strong international growth
Grenada North Location
WHO YOU ARE:
Are you a talented Web Developer with experience in front-end development with an appetite for challenges?
If you have a passion for developing enterprise scale web applications and you thrive in challenging with complex requirements, you can be a part of Recollect’s success. The ideal candidate for this role will have experience in front end development of enterprise scale web applications. You will be part of a team of developers that work closely with the solution architect, business analyst, testers and operations teams to deliver a highly available and scalable platform.
The ideal candidate has prior experience working in a development team using Agile methodology to deliver complex solutions. You must have a strong work ethic, with good interpersonal communications, be willing to contribute ideas and be part of a team.
WHO WE ARE:
NZMS develops Recollect, which is a collection management and community engagement platform used by more than 50 customers in New Zealand and Australia.
We’re based in Grenada North, just off the motorway 15 minutes north of Wellington in a modern building with a top notch espresso machine, good street parking and a bike rack.
For over 27 years, NZMS, has been New Zealand’s leading digitisation & imaging bureau for cultural heritage materials such as photographs, manuscripts, publication, maps, and works of art. Hosting the digital reproductions of this material is where we started, and Recollect is a vital part of our business serving a wide array of organisations who have information and digital assets they want to interact with. Recollect was fully developed in-house and is now a mature product. We also provide support for, and hosting of, our clients’ sites. Refer www.recollect.co.nz
You’ll be a great fit with us if you have a ‘can do’ attitude, enjoy working in an informal, agile environment, can problem solve like a master, have good interpersonal skills and a passion for delivering exciting user-centric products.
We are looking for someone who is:
- A self-starter and has a proven record of delivery to deadlines.
- Enjoys a collaborative environment and the free exchange of ideas.
- Has initiative; can identify opportunities and risks and solve problems.
- Strong English communication skills.
- Able to communicate well with internal and external clients from a wide range of backgrounds.
- Able to grasp user’s objectives and translate them into practical IT solutions that work.
- Takes care to document their work so that those following will clearly understand what was done.
- Has integrity and builds trust with clients and colleagues.
- Willing to go above and beyond to help the team achieve a collective goal.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Mobile friendly websites development experience
- A good understanding of mobile front-end development
- Experience on REST API integration
- Ability to think of Usability and interpret what a client wants
- A good understanding of frontend optimisation
- A good understanding of modern web design
- Mobile/responsive design skills
- A love/hate relationship with a wide variety of browsers and versions
- Understanding of different image and media formats
- Experience in heavy traffic websites development
- Experience in popular No-SQL databases such as MongoDB
- Understanding of DNS and HTTP/HTTPS protocol
- Some experience in back-end PHP, MySQL skills
If you are interested, please send your CV by email to email@example.com Applications will close as soon as we find the perfect person for the role – so be in quick!
NOTE: for Overseas Enquiries and Non NZ Residents: We welcome international enquiries, however only applicants that are legally entitled to work in New Zealand and can make themselves available for interviews in New Zealand will be considered for advertised positions. Others should not apply.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.