As the Marketing and Communications Coordinator, you will support two companies – Recollect and NZMS. You will be responsible for implementing each of their digital marketing programs, driving the digital narrative to enhance each organisation’s brand, coordinating digital communications to clients, and encouraging business growth through effective marketing and communications. Your main purpose will be to assist with the development and implementation of marketing plans to support brand awareness and sales strategies, both locally and globally.
About the companies
Recollect, is a cloud-based community engagement platform (SaaS), that hosts our customers’ cultural heritage digital reproductions and we have built up an enviable reputation in the market. This unique product has been developed in-house and we are currently taking this product worldwide. For more information please refer to: www.recollectcms.com
NZMS is New Zealand’s leading digitisation and imaging bureau for cultural heritage materials such as photographs, manuscripts, publications, maps, works of art, and audio-visual records. We work primarily with galleries, libraries, archives, and museums throughout New Zealand, our clients also include government agencies, private companies, iwi, and individuals. We have offices in Wellington (2), Auckland, and Christchurch. For more information please refer to: www.micrographics.co.nz
This position will be responsible for:
- Creating and implementing effective marketing plans and campaigns for various projects and products to achieve inbound enquiry targets and improve brand awareness.
- Developing campaign ideas and messaging tailored for each company and integrating these across multiple channels.
- Creating engaging and consistent content for multiple social media channels and platforms.
- Collaborating closely with internal operations, sales teams, external stakeholders, and customers.
- Tracking, analysing and reporting regularly on various metrics.
- Assisting market and persona research to aid project and campaign development.
- Monitoring industry activity while researching opportunities and marketing innovations.
- Maintaining the brand equity and ensure all marketing and communications is in line with the brand values of each company.
- Ensuring that the content of our various brand websites remain current and accurately reflects Recollect and NZMS’ individual products, services and values.
- Overseeing social media for each organisation including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
- Creating customer communications to ensure they remain informed of key activities.
- Overseeing production of regular newsletters.
- Supporting and delivering the marketing requirements for key areas of each business.
- Identifying projects for case studies and blog posts. Be comfortable working with customers to generate content that is beneficial to both parties.
- Planning, creating and coordinating marketing campaigns and collateral to a high standard.
- Working closely with internal and external stakeholders to build strong business relationships and create effective marketing initiatives.
- Supporting other projects as required by NZMS and Recollect.
- Supporting each organisations presence at key events throughout the year including industry conferences and events.
- Enjoys a collaborative environment and the exchange of ideas.
- Has initiative; can identify opportunities and risks and solve problems.
- A self-starter, who can manage their own programme of work and has a proven record of delivery to deadlines.
- Able to communicate well with internal and external clients from a range of backgrounds.
- Has integrity and builds trust with clients and colleagues.
- Exceptional business communication skills both oral and written.
- Can work with multiple brands, their strategies and guidelines.
- A flair for design, with experience in Adobe Creative Cloud suite desirable.
- Highly organised and able to multitask, delivering to multiple deadlines.
- Able to build strong business relationships with others in different locations.
- Ambition and desire to deliver outstanding results.
- Proactive, unflappable and hard working.
Skills & Experience
- A relevant tertiary qualification in marketing and communications, or equivalent level of skill gained through on the job training and experience.
- Entry level position
- Experience in planning, creating and coordinating marketing campaigns.
- Experience with Mailchimp or similar platforms (desirable but not essential).
NOTE for overseas enquiries and non-NZ residents: only applicants that are legally entitled to work in New Zealand and can make themselves available for interviews in New Zealand will be considered for advertised positions. Others should not apply.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.