Are you a talented imaging technician with an appetite for variety and customer engagement?
We are looking for an outgoing, commercially-savvy, digital technician to help us digitise cultural heritage materials and support our customers’ equipment in our busy Auckland bureau. The role also includes customer liaison. We work with organisations from the GLAM Sector (Galleries, Libraries, Archives and Museums) across New Zealand and our clients also include government agencies, private companies, iwi and individuals.
NZMS (New Zealand Micrographic Services Ltd) is New Zealand’s leading digitisation and imaging bureau for cultural heritage materials and the successful applicant will be someone who enjoys copy work and has experience in a scanning or digital production environment. Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite and familiarity with photo editing processes are essential. Time and project management skills, and an ability to work independently are also important in this role as staff work on a number of projects at once. While photographic training is important, we are also interested in people with pre-press experience, expertise in efficient digital production work flows, good written English, plus the ability to problem solve and to work in collaboration with colleagues.
• Photographic capture and editing experience
• Experienced within a scanning or digital production environment
• Able to identify smart IT solutions to develop, improve or enhance new or existing processes
• A high level of computer competency. Proficient in Microsoft Office (MS Word, MS Excel) and Adobe Photoshop in the PC environment
• A quick adapter of new technology and software
• Good at data entry and metadata
• Able to work independently and within a team environment
• Demonstrate good problem-solving ability
• Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, with both internal staff and external clients
• Ability to provide high-quality customer service
• Hold a current driver’s license
If you think this looks like you then we'd love to hear from you. Please email Alison Barnett at firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and a cover letter to tell us why you are the person for the job.