Responsible for the New Zealand business of NZMS
Company with rapidly growing international customer base
Grenada North Location
WHO YOU ARE:
We are currently seeking an adaptable, successful, and experienced Country Manager to run our New Zealand operation to let us focus on growing our market share overseas. In this role, you will be responsible for the success of our New Zealand market. In order to succeed in this position, you need to be highly driven, have a passion for cultural heritage, and a desire to build a business from a solid platform.
WHO WE ARE:
For over 25 years, NZMS, has been New Zealand’s leading digitisation & imaging bureau for cultural heritage materials such as photographs, manuscripts, publication, maps, works of art and Audiovisual records. We work with Galleries, Libraries, Archives and Museums throughout NZ but our clients also include government agencies, private companies, Iwi and individuals. We have a built up an enviable reputation in the market and we are recognised for our company values of professionalism, friendly, expert and caring. We have offices in Wellington (2) and Auckland and Christchurch.
As we grew our capability to capture almost any record type the need to be able to host digital reproductions of this material became part of our Company vision. After working with off-the-shelf products with limited success we built our own product from the ground up using what we perceived were core user expectations. The cultural heritage market agrees. Recollect is now a mature product which was fully developed in-house. It is a cloud-based community engagement and collection management platform with terrific social interaction features. We also provide support for, and hosting of, our clients’ sites. Refer www.recollect.co.nz.
Today Recollect is a vital part of our business serving a fantastic array of organisations who have information and digital assets they want to interact with. And its growing fast. You will be working with an existing SAAS product with more than 50 sites across Australasia that is about to go global. The platform is highly configurable and the implementation processes involve a degree of professional services that ensure the configuration meets the users’ needs.
We’re based in Grenada North, just off the motorway 15 minutes north of Wellington in a modern building with a top-notch espresso machine, free parking and a bike rack.
You’ll be a great fit with us if you have proven leadership qualities that match our expectations, have a ‘can do’ attitude, enjoy working in an informal, agile environment, can problem solve like a master, have good interpersonal skills and a passion for delivering exciting user-centric products.
We are looking for someone who will:
- Manage every aspect of our New Zealand operation
- Drive NZ revenue and profitability
- Collaborate with leadership to develop a strategy for the New Zealand business
- Produce regular informative reporting
- Network and communicate effectively with clients and develop strong professional relationships, be intuitive with the Cultural Heritage sector
- Work to ensure deadlines are met and budgets are maintained
- Mentor direct reports, especially with respect to our values and vision
- Contribute to the overall global success of our company
Demonstrable Skills, Knowledge & Experience
- Relevant qualifications
- Experience in sales and operational management
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptionally well organised and driven by success
- Ability to thrive in high-pressure situations
- Analytical thinker with superior problem-solving skills
- Solid history of data-driven strategic development
- Decisive, innovative and committed
- A natural leader who shows initiative, and inspires and motivates those around them
- Have a valid NZ driver’s licence
If you are interested, please send your CV by email to firstname.lastname@example.org Applications will close as soon as we find the perfect person for the role – so be in quick!
NOTE for Overseas Enquiries and Non NZ Residents: Only applicants that are legally entitled to work in New Zealand and can make themselves available for interviews in New Zealand will be considered for advertised positions. Others should not apply.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.