We are looking for an Operations Team Leader to oversee operational staff in the region, which is defined as being any premises on which NZMS undertakes work in the South Island. The Team Leader is required to be a competent technician, with well-developed leadership skills who will have responsibility for day-to-day operations in the region. They will provide technical and operational leadership and support, encourage performance, accountability and help facilitate a collaborative environment among all areas of NZMS.
Central Christchurch City location
WHO YOU ARE:
Are you a well-established production leader with experience working with unique and diverse objects? Do you thrive on supporting and growing a team to excel in their work environment, problem solving, collaborating and working directly with clients?
The successful applicant will be someone who enjoys working alongside a team to provide knowledge, experience, motivation, support and advice. They will have advanced skills working with Adobe Creative suite, Adobe Acrobat, and Microsoft Office and, as we predominantly work with digital cameras ideally will have experience in photography.
WHO WE ARE:
NZMS (New Zealand Micrographic Services Ltd) is New Zealand’s leading digitisation & imaging bureau for organisations from the “GLAM” Sector (Galleries, Libraries, Archives & Museums) across New Zealand as well as government agencies, private companies, Iwi and individuals. We digitise cultural heritage materials such as photographs, manuscripts, newspapers, maps, and works of art and our hosted platform Recollect makes our clients’ collections accessible online.
We are looking for someone who:
- Has experience with managing personnel
- Is familiar with all aspects of production
- Has a high level of flexibility, creativity and innovation
- Can analyse or trouble shoot problems and provide clear recommendations
- Has strong organisational skills
- Can collaborate with the General Manager, BDMs, Team Members and Clients
- Has excellent communication skills, written and verbal.
- Advanced in Adobe Creative Suite, Acrobat and Microsoft Office Suite
- Has good interpersonal skills
- Can work independently, as well as a team player and can manage own workload
- Can multi-task and work under tight deadlines
- Is an effective problem-solver
- Can provide sales support to the Southern Regional Manager
If you are interested, please send your CV by email to firstname.lastname@example.org Applications will close as soon as we find the right person for the role.
NOTE: for Overseas enquiries and non-NZ residents: Only applicants that are legally entitled to work in New Zealand and can make themselves available for interviews in New Zealand will be considered for advertised positions. Others should not apply.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.