Experienced SaaS consultant passionate about heritage
A great company to work for that is experiencing strong international growth
Grenada North Location
WHO YOU ARE:
Are you a talented SaaS solutions consultant that has an eye for heritage collections?
If you have a passion for helping customers get the best out of their content and you thrive in with complex metadata requirements, you can be a part of Recollect’s success. The ideal candidate for this role will have skills in analysing user requirements and configuring enterprise scale web applications for optimum outcomes. You will be part of a team of consultants that work closely with the solution architect, business analyst and project teams to deliver a highly available and scalable platform.
The ideal candidate has graduate qualifications in a relevant field of study and an interest in developing engaging user experiences. You must have a strong work ethic, with good interpersonal communications, be willing to contribute ideas and be part of a team.
WHO WE ARE:
NZMS develops Recollect, which is a collection management and community engagement platform used by more than 40 customers in New Zealand and Australia.
We’re based in Grenada North, just off the motorway 15 minutes north of Wellington in a modern building with a top notch espresso machine, good street parking and a bike rack.
For over 27 years, NZMS, has been New Zealand’s leading digitisation & imaging bureau for cultural heritage materials such as photographs, manuscripts, publication, maps, and works of art. Hosting the digital reproductions of this material is where we started, and Recollect is a vital part of our business serving a wide array of organisations who have information and digital assets they want to interact with. Recollect was fully developed in-house and is now a mature product. We also provide support for, and hosting of, our clients’ sites. Refer www.recollect.co.nz
You’ll be a great fit with us if you have a ‘can do’ attitude, enjoy working in an informal, agile environment, can problem solve like a master, have good interpersonal skills and a passion for delivering exciting user-centric products.
We are looking for someone who is:
- A self-starter and has a proven record of delivery to deadlines.
- Enjoys a collaborative environment and the free exchange of ideas.
- Has initiative; can identify opportunities and risks and solve problems.
- Strong English communication skills.
- Able to communicate well with internal and external clients from a wide range of backgrounds.
- Able to grasp user’s objectives and translate them into practical solutions that work.
- Takes care to document their work so that those following will clearly understand what was done.
- Has integrity and builds trust with clients and colleagues.
- Willing to go above and beyond to help the team achieve a collective goal.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Tertiary educated. Technically ideally in an IT, marketing or sciences discipline; but not a deal breaker!
- Circa 3-5 years’ experience in software Consulting role where you have supported sales efforts and led implementations
- Metadata / data warehousing / developer experience is also a distinct advantage
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills
- Energy, attitude and a willingness to learn are key!
- Experience in project management
- A love/hate relationship with a wide variety of browsers and versions
- Understanding of different image and media formats
- Open source tools for image or PDF processing such as ImageMagick and Tesseract
- Experience dealing with vast quantities of data
If you are interested, please send your CV by email to email@example.com Applications will close as soon as we find the perfect person for the role – so be in quick!
NOTE: for Overseas Enquiries and Non NZ Residents: We welcome international enquiries, however only applicants that are legally entitled to work in New Zealand and can make themselves available for interviews in New Zealand will be considered for advertised positions. Others should not apply.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.