Responsible for developing quality assurance and testing for cloud based web application
Company with established client base and moving to the next level
Grenada North Location
WHO YOU ARE:
Are you a talented software tester with a passion for excellence and an appetite for challenges?
If you have a passion for the latest cloud technology and quality assurance strategies and you thrive in challenging environments with complex systems, you can be a part of Recollect’s success. The ideal candidate for this role will have experience in manual and automated testing, developing and documenting test cases and processes and creating quality outcomes. You will engage closely with our product owner, solution architect, development team, and our operations teams to deliver a highly availability and scalable platform that is market leading.
We are looking for a Software Tester/QA Analyst who will take ownership of the product testing and be the vital architect of our quality delivery program that ensures the successful completion of analytical, building and deployment of Recollect.
WHO WE ARE:
Recollect is a digital collections platform with terrific social interaction features. You will be working on an existing SAAS product, that we continuously develop functionality for and also “theme” for clients as they come on board.
We’re based in Grenada North, just off the motorway 15 minutes north of Wellington in a modern building with a top notch espresso machine, free parking and a bike rack.
For over 25 years, NZMS, has been New Zealand’s leading digitisation & imaging bureau for cultural heritage materials such as photographs, manuscripts, publication, maps, and works of art. Hosting the digital reproductions of this material is where we started, and Recollect is a vital part of our business serving a fantastic array of organisations who have information and digital assets they want to interact with. Recollect was fully developed in-house and is now a mature product. We also provide support for, and hosting of, our clients’ sites. Refer Recollect.
You’ll be a great fit with us if you have a ‘can do’ attitude, enjoy working in an informal, agile environment, can problem solve like a master, have good interpersonal skills and a passion for delivering exciting user-centric products.
We are looking for someone who will:
• Create, execute and maintain manual and automated test plans/scripts as part of the Recollect product team
• Work with all members of the project team to develop tests and provide test results
• Build test scenarios using requirements and acceptance criteria; provide feedback and questions during the development and review of those requirements
• Apply your varied experience with test design techniques to develop test scenarios
• Record detailed test results and collaborate with Developers as solutions are developed
• Lead performance/load testing efforts as required by the product team
• Analyse test results to adjust test cases and provide meaningful data to the team
• Identify testing tools or processes to be leveraged by other teams within the organization
• Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Enjoy a collaborative environment and the exchange of ideas.
• Has initiative; can identify opportunities and risks and solve problems.
• A self-starter, who can manage their own programme of work and has a proven record of delivery to deadlines.
• Able to communicate well with internal and external clients from a range of backgrounds.
• Has integrity and builds trust with clients and colleagues.
• Has a good sense of humour.
Skills, Knowledge & Experience:
• A relevant tertiary qualification, or equivalent level of skill gained through on the job training and experience.
• 3+ years software testing experience
• Experience in testing in an Agile environment
• Experience with a range of testing tools
• Strong organisational skills
• Able to collaborate with team members, and have a strong desire to excel.
• Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
• Good interpersonal skills
If you are interested, please send your CV by email to firstname.lastname@example.org Applications will close as soon as we find the perfect person for the role – so be in quick!
NOTE for Overseas Enquiries and Non NZ Residents: Only applicants that are legally entitled to work in New Zealand and can make themselves available for interviews in New Zealand will be considered for advertised positions. Others should not apply.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.