NZMS is New Zealand’s leading digitisation and imaging bureau for cultural heritage materials such as photographs, manuscripts, publications, maps, works of art, and audio-visual records. We work primarily with galleries, libraries, archives, and museums throughout New Zealand, but our clients also include government agencies, private companies, iwi, and individuals. We are also the New Zealand resellers for the community engagement platform Recollect, which allows our clients’ collections to be made accessible online.
Recollect, our partner, is a cloud-based community engagement platform (SaaS), that hosts cultural heritage digital reproductions and they have built up an enviable reputation in the international market.
Purpose of the Position
Recollect is a highly configurable software as a service platform, that allows administrators to configure discovery and access to cultural heritage collections. The Recollect implementation process uses human centred design principles to discover end user requirements that inform the configuration of the platform for each customer.
The Solutions Consultant is responsible for working in partnership with customers to understand their business requirements, recommend options to consider and to lead the implementation of a customer’s instance.
To be successful in the role you will have strong communication skills that can build trusted relationships and the ability to engage positively with customers and the internal team.
You will be joining a skilled team who support each other working collaboratively across locations nationally and your focus will be to ensure the customers experience is seamless and highly effective.
- Relationship and rapport building skills with a customer focused mind and excellent communication and organisational skills
- Knowledge of project management methodologies
- Presentation experience (face to face as well as online)
- Experience in running human centred design workshops
- Experience in software training (preferably cloud software)
- To work closely with the internal team on product suitability and service delivery expectations
- To articulate solutions to both technical and non-technical customers
- To maintain a thorough knowledge of the company’s products and service offerings and methodologies
- Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills
- The ability to work autonomously when required and be able to manage internal and external stakeholder expectations
- Previous experience in implementing software.
- The ability to travel when required